Instructions for Speakers
- The time limit for your presentation max. 15 minutes
- The discussion follows your presentation max. 5 minutes
- Only English and Czech/Slovak languages are accepted
- The course of the discussion is managed by the Session chairs
- There will be a 15-minute countdown in order to control the duration of the presentation.
- The sequence of all presentation will be sent at the beginning of May in the “Final programme”
- There is no special template for PowerPoint presentation
- Please customize your presentation so that you do not exceed the time limit!
1. How to submit presentation at the Conference
Please submit all digital files needed for your presentation in the Speakers’ Ready Room. Technical specialists will help speakers to upload all files so everything is ready before each session. When the presentation is to be given, the file will be loaded in the meeting room.
Please come to the Speakers’ Ready Room at least 1.5 hours before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session come to the Speakers’ Ready Room the day before your presentation. Speakers’ Ready Room is located in the Quadrant.
1.1. Speakers’ Ready Room Opening hours
|Sunday, June 2, 2019||14:30–17:30|
|Monday, June 3, 2019||08:00–18:00|
|Tuesday, June 4, 2019||07:30–18:00|
In order to avoid any problems with your presentation, please make sure whether it meets the necessary needs and read carefully the instructions below.
2. How to prepare presentation
2.1. PowerPoint Instructions
We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS. Use the Microsoft PowerPoint version 2007, 2010 or newer to guarantee they will work properly on an on-site PC. The PDF format is also supported.
Prepare presentation in 16:9 format (screen is in format 16:9).
Please keep on mind that organizer cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations; so check in advance (3 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, PNG or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 300 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of the presentation. Try to avoid overloading the presentation with unnecessary images.
- In case of any videos in the presentation, test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before the presentation. The preferred video format is MPEG / MPEG 4
- Only fonts included in the basic installation of MS-Windows are available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout/style of the presentation.
- Suggested fonts are: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, and Calibri
- If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into the presentation by choosing the right option when saving the presentation, see details below:
- Click on “File”, then “Save As”
- Check the “Tools” menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts” and save
3. How to save and submit presentation
3.1. How to save presentation
- Save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
- CD-ROM (CD-R/RW), DVD-ROM (DVD±R/RW)
- USB flash drive
- Save all files associated with the presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder/location.
- In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the Conference, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
- Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
4. Other information
When the session is over, your presentation will be deleted from all computers, no copies or backups will be made. Your own computer for the presentation will be accepted only in urgent cases, if you use McIntosh, please come to Speakers’ Ready Room 3 hours before your presentation.
5. Standard equipment of the session rooms
See below the list of standard equipment of the rooms:
- Data video projector
- Sound system
- Remote control with laser pointer